Recipe submitted by our favorite resident chef, T-Sizzle!
Crab Rangoon, one of my favorite appetizers! I love how the crispy wonton wrapper outside and the creamy, tangy cream cheese and crab filling inside harmoniously blend with the sweetness and spice of the chili sauce that cuts the richness of the crunchy fried treat.
It is no wonder, then, why I named this recipe Rendezvous Crab Rangoon after the Sik-K track bearing the same name. Towards the end of the song, Min-Sik adds a layer of background vocals that intensify and harmonize with his calling out for his lover: “I’m the one who needs your love. Just me and you, let’s have a rendezvous.” I’m sure that after you taste the synchronous flavors of my Rendezvous Crab Rangoon, you’ll be calling out for more too! (If you haven’t heard/don’t know this song…you’re missing out!)
- 8 ounces crab meat or Imitation crab meat
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 pack of wonton wrappers (you won’t need the whole thing)
- 1 beaten egg
- Deep frying oil (Vegetable or peanut)
Useful Kitchen Tools
- Hand held mixer
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Deep frying pan
- Cooking chopsticks or tongs
- Chop up the crabmeat in small pieces.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese with the mixer on high for about a minute.
- Fold into cream cheese the crab, garlic, onion and Worcestershire sauce/Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Add 1 teaspoon of filling to the center of the wonton.
- Brush the edges with the egg
- Fold one side of the wonton wrapper over from one corner so that it covers the corner that is diagonally opposite. In other words, the square should become a triangle.
- Press along the ends of the triangle to prevent air from entering the rangoon.
- Fold the two bottom corners of the triangle up to seal the ends.
- Fry in 350 degree oil until browned and crispy, roughly 1-2 minutes.
And there you have it! That wasn’t too hard, was it? I’m sure that after you taste the synchronous flavors of my Rendezvous Crab Rangoon, you’ll be calling out for more too!
While you wait for more delicious recipes, check out some of my other blog posts!
~Recipe submitted by our fav resident chef T-Sizzle and edited by me~ What I love about General Tso’s chicken is that the flavors make you feel like there’s a dance party in your mouth; the sweetness, spiciness, and saltiness of the dish move in sync with the rhythm as if part of a complex choreographedContinue reading “All I Need General Tso’s Chicken Wings”
Hello my lovely readers! It’s been forever, so I thought what better way to kick off my upcoming posts than to talk about new music! Jinnie dropped her single ‘drip drop’ on November 16th. She must’ve know that we needed a pre Thanksgiving vaca gift. Before we get into how I feel about the song,Continue reading “Jinnie’s New Single ‘drip drop’”