As you all can see, here at From Kadraya With Love, we LOVE desserts. So this recipe is another decadent dessert that we know you’ll enjoy!
Submitted by T-Sizzle
This recipe is inspired by the song “Bad Time” from Sabrina Carpenter’s third album Singular: Act I. Although this catchy synth pop track really focuses on a person’s unapologetic rejection of the invitation for a “good time”, I thought there really is no way you’d want to turn this recipe down! It’s simple, not super sweet, and satisfying. Play “Bad Time” while you enjoy a slice of this berry shortbread and I can guarantee you, it won’t be a bad time for a good time!
- For the Berry Compote
- 1 1/2 Cups of Blueberries
- 1 1/2 Cups of Strawberries
- 1/3 Cup of Water
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar
- For the Shortbread
- 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- Non-stick spray
- For the Lemon Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups of Heavy Cream (chilled)
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon of Freshly Grated Lemon Zest
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
- Kitchen Tools
- Small Saucepan
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Whisk or High Speed Mixer
- 8-inch Square or Round Pan
- Rinse and drain the blueberries. Rinse, stem and dice the strawberries.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In your saucepan, add the water, sugar, strawberries and blueberries. Stir and put the mixture on medium heat.
- Keep heating the berry compote until it begins to boil and bubble, which usual takes about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cover the saucepan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Add the heavy cream and mix until just combined. If the dough doesn’t come together into one solid mixture, add more heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time and mix until combined.
- Place the dough in a greased (with non-stick spray) 8-inch square or round baking dish/pan and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Now let’s prepare the lemon whipped cream!
- In a large bowl, add the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Using a mixer, beat for about 1-2 minutes or until you see soft peaks form.
- If you are using a whisk, it will take a little longer for peaks to form (it took me 2 minutes). Kitchen tip: Dip your whisk in a little vinegar to help beat the cream faster!
- When the shortbread and the compote have cooled, pour the compote over the shortbread and wait about 5 minutes to allow the shortbread to absorb the juices.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream!
And there ya have it! If you try out this recipe, leave a comment below and tell us how it turned out!
Follow @kpopcocina, T-Sizzle’s food-stagram for more behind the scenes cooking videos and updates!
Follow @FromKadraya, my blog-stagram, to keep up-to-date with what’s new on my blog!
Until next time…
From Kadraya, With Love.